Emergency medical personnel need devices that can help them save lives in the field. VORTRAN® Medical has developed devices that will help EMTs and paramedics to ventilate patients in difficult situations and to save them time and effort. The VAR® (VORTRAN® Automatic Resuscitator) device allows for hands-free resuscitation, which gives the clinician an opportunity to provide superior patient care. The VAR® device will effectively ventilate patients during transport, while maintaining a consistent breathing rate and ETCO2. The VAR® device is portable, compact, disposable, and optimizes EMS personnel performance in many difficult situations.
- Maintains victims’ breathing while they are being extricated from vehicle accidents
- The VAR® device weighs less than half a pound and is ideal for use during helicopter transport
- A force multiplier for mass casualty incidents
- Can be operated without batteries or electricity
- Can be stockpiled for up to five years for emergency disaster preparedness
- Provides patients with consistent reliable hands-free resuscitation